The 12 Elements of a Perfect Shift
A P&L is a history document. It measures the past, which you can’t do anything about. Where you make or lose money, where a manager attains or fails to attain a bonus, is during the shift. That’s where real-time profitability and leadership occurs. What are the elements of a revenue-generating shift? Here are eleven things to consider…
- Supplies and stations stocked, locked and loaded
- Assess/share anticipated business with your team
- Strong schedule: know your rookie-to-vet ratio for each shift and that will affect supervision needs
- Line Check/ Food Safety up to the highest standards
- High performance, not high anxiety tone set by manager
- Tie each shift’s goals to bigger, quarterly goals
- Pre-Shift Meeting is energetic and effective (see article on Pre-Shift Meetings)
- Energy is flowing from manager and through the staff (Be a Blowtorch)
- The entire team is coached into position, through the position and out of the position.
- We generate revenue (and minimized loss)
- We did it better than we did it on the last shift
- And most importantly: Every Customer Leaves Happy
Run every shift, don’t let the shift run you.
To learn more, check out our best-selling DVD called The Shift: How To Plan It, Lead It and Make it Pay at Sullivision.com