How to Plan and Execute Dynamic Pre-Shift Meetings
Imagine a sports team who’s coach never shared strategies, goals or challenges before the game. Who would want to play for them? What kind of fan base would they have? Yet 80% of businesses start every single shift without a focus, a plan, or energy for the team members who are playing the game against the competition every single day. This seminar will show your leadership team how to design, deploy and execute a revenue-generating pre-shift meeting every single day.
The foodservice and retail industry’s most overlooked, misunderstood, and under-executed resource is the daily pre-shift meeting or “alley rally”. This interactive and multimedia workshop will examine the architecture of an ideal pre-shift meeting; how to plan it, lead it, and profit from it. Based on recent surveys of over 350 high-performing foodservice managers that Sullivision Inc, this program will examine the characteristics and commonalities of what the best managers do to execute the most profitable pre-shift meetings, day in and day out. This live presentation combines lecture, video examples, interactivity, best practices and shift “case studies” to measurably improve performance of both your new and “veteran” managers in the area of pre-shift meeting planning and execution. The team will re-think and re-enact (role-play) ideal pre-shift meetings for both the front-of-the-house and kitchen crew.
General Managers, Assistant Managers, Shift Leaders, Multi-Unit Managers, Executives, Owners, Franchisees at QSR, Casual, Family, Fine Dining, or Contract Foodservice. Every workshop is COMPLETELY CUSTOMIZED for every client. We will work closely with you to align your objectives, targets and culture into the workshop. Our customers include The Walt Disney Company, Panera Bread, Starbucks, Buffalo Wild Wings, The Cheesecake Factory, Target, Taco Bell, Five Guys, Dunkin Brands, Chili’s, Applebee’s, McDonald’s, and many more.
Offered in 1 hour, 90 minute, 2 hour, or Half-Day versions.
Attendees will leave the session with the following skills:
- Service and Selling: we’ll learn how to measurably improve service delivery, lower costs and increase incremental sales a minimum of 1%
- The 12 key topics for pre-shifts/The wrong and right way to plan and execute pre-shifts
- How to stage interactive pre-shifts based on dialogues, not monologues
- How to plan, stage and deliver effective pre-shift topics for every department: Servers, Kitchen Crew, Bartenders, Drive-thru or Greeter Teams
- How to engage and educate servers who come in later on staggered shifts and miss the “official” pre-shift meeting/How to stage and deliver an effective 30 second post-shift meeting
- Communicating across a multi-generational and multi-cultural workforce
- Best Practices: how to share key learnings from each pre-shift meeting with other managers
AND MUCH MORE!